emocha Mobile Health Inc.
Last modified: August 18, 2018
emocha Mobile Health Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Company" or "We"), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.emocha.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and health information ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties which may include usage details, IP addresses and other information.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing or requesting services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information
The privacy of the individually identifiable health information we collect in connection with some of our relationships with health plans, health insurers, health care clearinghouses, other health care providers (“Covered Entities”), and large employers, may be protected by federal law (HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and their regulations). Your individually identifiable health information may also be protected by state privacy laws in some instances. This health information is “protected health information” (“PHI”). In providing our services or products, we may be a “Business Associate” (as defined by HIPAA regulations), but we are not a Covered Entity. Your PHI will only be used for the purpose of supplying you with products or services that you request, for our own management and administration purposes, or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law.
For example, we may use your PHI to communicate with you regarding products, services, and features that may be of interest to you and that are offered by our affiliates and business partners, if you authorize it. We may also use and share your personal contact information to communicate with you about products and services that you have requested through the Website if you give us permission to do so.
In instances where you have authorized the Company to use and disclose your PHI for certain purposes, such consent may be withdrawn in the future. You may withdraw your consent by sending your request in writing to: email@example.com or a letter addressed to emocha Mobile Health Inc., 855 N Wolfe St, Ground Floor Suite B, Baltimore, MD 21205. Please note that your withdrawal will not be effective until your request is received, and will not apply to uses and disclosures made in reliance on your consent.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Other Technologies**.**
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To verify your identity and administer your account.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties to whom you specifically ask us to send such information (for example, your insurer or physician).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can always choose not to submit your information to us, but if you do not submit the information requested, you may not be able to access many of the products, services, and features that we offer.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us about products, services, or features that may be of interest, you can unsubscribe to any e-mail that we may send to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete personal information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives, and we may also retain anonymous information about your use of our services and products. Once we disclose some of your personal information to third parties, we cannot access that personal information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. After we delete personal information, we may retain anonymous information and will continue to use such anonymous information as permitted under this policy.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Please report any security violations or concerns to us at email@example.com.
Covered Entities with whom we interact must follow state and federal laws protecting the privacy and security of PHI received from us; their activities are not subject to this policy. If you have questions about how a Covered Entity uses and discloses your PHI you should ask for a copy of their Notice of Privacy Practices.